Yes we skip 10.2 for 10.3 since was FreeBSD 10.3 was coming we thought we should wait for 10.3. This is the first ALPHA development release for testing and debugging for GhostBSD 10.3, only as MATE been released yet which is available on SourceForge and for the amd64 and i386 architectures.
- GhostBSD now support ZFS and UFS.
- The installer support encryption for ZFS
- GhostBSD Software will be updated Quarterly which will bring more stability to GhostBSD still user will be able to change it to latest to have the latest software update.
- The installer did have a big refacing plus a new slide
- There is been some important fix to Networkmgr
- There is been some speed improvement with Networkmgr
- Some UI improvement and speed improvement with Update Station
- Mate 1.12
- New Grub theme
What has been fix.
- Language wish GhostBSD is installed should now be fix
- Wifi Problem as been fix with the update of Networkmgr
It is time to reporting issues
We encourage you to use our issue system http://issues.ghostbsd.org/main_page.php to report bug. More issue reported more that will be fix before the final release.
Where to download:
The image checksum's, hybrid ISO(DVD, USB) images are available here:
Writing the iso to a USB stick
dd if=GhostBSD10.3-ALPHA1-20160429-223308-mate-amd64.iso of=/dev/da0 bs=1m
dd if=GhostBSD10.3-ALPHA1-20160429-223308-mate-amd64.iso of=/dev/sdf bs=1M
Is there anything you can help with or want to be involved in? Do you have a lot of free time? Maybe you just want to discuss your experiences or ask us some questions. Please come talk to us on IRC Freenode #ghostbsd or on GhostBSD Forums.