This first alpha development release of GhostBSD 11.1 is ready for testing. All MATE and XFCE image is available with i386 and amd64 architectures. We hope to see a lot of people helping to test this next release.
- Our own software repository
- All our software get now updates
- Whisker Menu as default Application menu of XFCE
Issue that got fixed
- XFCE and MATE live-session shutdown/suspend/hibernate
- MATE desktop fails on initial boot for install/li>
- Clicking 'GhostBSD Bugs' item in the Main menu -> 'System Tools' brings up 'Server not found' page
- XFCE installation - incorrect keyboard layout
- ZFS setup appears to be incomplete
Time to find bugs
We encourage you to use our issue system at http://issues.ghostbsd.org/projects/ghostbsd to report a bug.
Where to download:
All images checksum's, hybrid ISO(DVD, USB) images are available here:
Writing the iso to a USB stick
dd if=GhostBSD11.1-ALPHA1-20170808-055444-mate-i386.iso of=/dev/da0 bs=1m
dd if=GhostBSD11.1-ALPHA1-20170808-055444-mate-i386.iso of=/dev/sdd bs=1M
dd if=GhostBSD11.1-ALPHA1-20170808-055444-mate-i386.iso of=/dev/disk2 bs=10240
Is there anything you can help with or want to be involved in? Maybe you just want to discuss your experiences or ask us some questions. Please come talk with us on IRC Freenode #ghostbsd or on GhostBSD Forums.