The first ALPHA build of the 4.0-RELEASE release cycle is now available on SourceForge for the amd64, i386 architectures.
Where to download
The image checksums, ISO images and USB images are available here:
Changes between 3.5-RELEASE and 4.0-ALPHA1 include:
- FreeBSD 9.2-RELEASE to FreeBSD 10.0-RELEASE.
- 4.0-RELEASE is MATE only
- SpiderOak is now part of the default install
- Libre Office is back due failed to complile Open Office under CLANG
- New GBI Partition editor interface
- Webcamd install but not preconfigured
- New network manager.
- pkg_add replaced by pkgng
- Bxpkg has been remove from the project
- MC has been added
- Nano has been added
Please be aware this release provides willing users, beta testers and developers with a system to test out new features in the upcoming release. This release may contain buggy code and features, so we encourage you to run it only on non-critical systems.
If you notice problems please report them through testing ghostbsd mailing list or the appropriate Forums.
Note: Developers can't fix problem that we are not aware and can't reproduce, if you report a problem give us a detailed reports that we can reproduce the problem.
We look forward to receiving your feedback. Thank you for using GhostBSD and have a lot of fun testing the beta!
Add new comment