Boot from live USB fails to start GUI

Questions about the installation of FreeBSD

Postby kaqqao » Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:18 am

I've just tried booting from a live USB. I simply dd'd the img directly to device, no additional options. Is this the correct way to make a bootable USB?
If fails to start the GUI as it claims that it could not find the display (liveusb:0). Sorry for not being able to post the exact message as I have to reboot to Linux to be able to post.
Any trouble-shooting advice would be appreciated.
I have an 64bit Openbox edition of the latest GhostBSD (3.5), attempting to run on Dell Latitude e6530, nVidia + Intel GPUs (Optimus disabled, so only nVidia runs at the moment).
kaqqao

Re: Boot from live USB fails to start GUI

Postby adripillo12 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:29 pm

kaqqao wrote:I've just tried booting from a live USB. I simply dd'd the img directly to device, no additional options. Is this the correct way to make a bootable USB?
If fails to start the GUI as it claims that it could not find the display (liveusb:0). Sorry for not being able to post the exact message as I have to reboot to Linux to be able to post.
Any trouble-shooting advice would be appreciated.
I have an 64bit Openbox edition of the latest GhostBSD (3.5), attempting to run on Dell Latitude e6530, nVidia + Intel GPUs (Optimus disabled, so only nVidia runs at the moment).

Do you have a chance to download and burn an image for DvD?
adripillo12

Return to Installing GhostBSD