Conky Install Half Working

Post your general questions or comments about GhostBSD here!

Postby GhostHusker » Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:36 am

Anyone have Conky installed and fully working? I've got it partially working using the default config that loaded with it. However, it is not reading my network stats (changed from Eth0 to em0 as indicated by ifconfig) or IP address. I've got it working on a LinuxMint box, which I know is different just curious if maybe I need to modify the config or place it in a different folder or change the name of the config folder.

Running GBSD 3.5 on VM Player, 2 CPUs, 3 GB RAM
GhostHusker

Re: Conky Install Half Working

Postby ericbsd » Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:21 am

ericbsd
Site Admin

Postby GhostHusker » Sat Apr 05, 2014 3:18 am

Oh hey. Thanks for the links. I'm gonna go ahead and bookmark them for future reference.

I actually found the .conkyrc file. Apparently, I was searching for it and found a sample config that I was modifying and not the this one. Also, the links above talk about compiling with XFT. It doesn't look like I did that either, so, now to figure out how to fix that.

Thanks again. Keep up the good work.
GhostHusker

Postby nehaali » Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:39 am

Howdy folks! It's been a while. I just wanted to check in so you know I'm not dead lol. And to let you good folks know that I'm still using Ghost on two of my drives. One is a 40 gig Western Digital and the other a 4 gig flashdrive, both are working just fine. I will be upgrading to the new 3.5 very shortly. Openbox is what I use on the 40 gig due to it's ability to fit on a cd and lxde on the flash drive because of more obvious breathing room. Keep up the great work. If I have any problems I'll be back soon. If things go well it may be yet another year till then lol! :D
Our Actual Exams and mcse certification braindumps exam provide you 100% pass Fairleigh Dickinson University You can get access to CITRIX and Duke University with multiple prep resources of Youtube
nehaali

Return to General Questions