Problem with Wireless Connection

Need support for GhostBSD. Ask here if your question does not fit elsewhere.

Problem with Wireless Connection

Postby anarcotux » Sat Sep 28, 2013 4:33 pm

Hi, i'm new in GhostBSD and I install GhostBSD 3.1 LXDE on my netbook Asus Eeepc 1015BX, I try to connect on my Wireless Network called TP-LINK_AT but I see on WiFi Network Manager that the system connects to other not protected networks...

I try to edit /etc/wpa_supplicant.conf with this information:

network={
ssid="TP-LINK_AT"
bssid=mymacaddress
key_mgmt=WPA-PSK
proto=WPA
psk="mywpapassword"
}

but the problem is same... GhostBSD connects to other not protected networks... How can i do???
Thanx a lot ^^
anarcotux
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2013 4:24 pm
Location: Italy

Problem with Wireless Connection

 

Re: Problem with Wireless Connection

Postby bsdkeith » Sat Sep 28, 2013 5:12 pm

Try re booting to see (if) the changes work.

If not you may need to load a driver or some firmware.
Linux user between 1999 - 2014; now a BSD user.
User avatar
bsdkeith
 
Posts: 94
Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:36 pm
Location: Surrey/Hants Border, England

Re: Problem with Wireless Connection

Postby anarcotux » Sat Sep 28, 2013 6:07 pm

I rebooted sevetal times... I always have the same problem... GhostBSD connects to other not protected WiFi network... It doesn't connect to my personal WiFi network (TP-LINK_AT)...

When I open the WiFi Network Manager there is an alert that says:
Network SSID TP-LINK_AT has changed security method. Udpate that entry and re-save.

But the security method of my network in GhostBSD is set to WPA-PSK... If i see on my router configuration on the page 192.168.1.1 I see that the enctryption method is WPA2-PSK with TKIP/AES...

Where is the problem??? I don't understand...
anarcotux
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2013 4:24 pm
Location: Italy

Re: Problem with Wireless Connection

Postby adripillo12 » Sun Sep 29, 2013 3:26 am

anarcotux wrote:I rebooted sevetal times... I always have the same problem... GhostBSD connects to other not protected WiFi network... It doesn't connect to my personal WiFi network (TP-LINK_AT)...

When I open the WiFi Network Manager there is an alert that says:
Network SSID TP-LINK_AT has changed security method. Udpate that entry and re-save.

But the security method of my network in GhostBSD is set to WPA-PSK... If i see on my router configuration on the page 192.168.1.1 I see that the enctryption method is WPA2-PSK with TKIP/AES...

Where is the problem??? I don't understand...



It can be some reasons. But I think that problem is on your AP or Router. Try to "downgrade" the security of it or maybe change the signal, maybe is set to "hide".
If your GhostBSD see your WiFi connection it should connect. Did you try with another connection to see if it connects?
adripillo12
 
Posts: 49
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:04 am

Re: Problem with Wireless Connection

Postby adripillo12 » Sun Sep 29, 2013 3:44 am

anarcotux wrote:Hi, i'm new in GhostBSD and I install GhostBSD 3.1 LXDE on my netbook Asus Eeepc 1015BX, I try to connect on my Wireless Network called TP-LINK_AT but I see on WiFi Network Manager that the system connects to other not protected networks...

I try to edit /etc/wpa_supplicant.conf with this information:

network={
ssid="TP-LINK_AT"
bssid=mymacaddress
key_mgmt=WPA-PSK
proto=WPA
psk="mywpapassword"
}

but the problem is same... GhostBSD connects to other not protected networks... How can i do???
Thanx a lot ^^


Did you also do this?

in /boot/loader.conf add:

Code: Select all
if_urtw_load="YES"
wlan_wep_load = “YES”
wlan_tkip_load = “YES”
wlan_ccmp_load = “YES”


Modify /etc/rc.conf to create wlan0 and connect:

Code: Select all
wlans_urtw0="wlan0" #or wlans_ath0=“wlan0"
ifconfig_wlan0="WPA SYNCDHCP" #or ifconfig_wlan0 = “DHCP WPA”



Do not forget to reboot after doing changes.
Take note that you need to choose, do not put "#or+line" on rc.conf
adripillo12
 
Posts: 49
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:04 am

Re: Problem with Wireless Connection

Postby ericbsd » Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:41 am

That is not a drivers issue for sure. You might look at http://www.freebsd.org/doc/handbook/net ... eless.html.
ericbsd
Site Admin
 
Posts: 338
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:54 pm

Re: Problem with Wireless Connection

Postby anarcotux » Sun Sep 29, 2013 12:37 pm

ericbsd wrote:That is not a drivers issue for sure. You might look at http://www.freebsd.org/doc/handbook/net ... eless.html.

yess surely is not a driver issue... yesterday i try to install the new beta version of GhostBSD, I install the 3.5 version XFCE4, and my wireless card doesn't work... in ghostbsd 3.5 there is a driver issue, but in ghostbsd 3.1 no... in ghostbsd 3.1 my wireless card works... i think that is an encryption problem, i see that RSN is same to WPA2, maybe is this the issue??? Later i reinstall the 3.1 version of ghostbsd on my netbook and i will follow the recommendation of adripillo12... In a couple of hours i will update you, thanx a lot for the help!!! :) i like very much ghostbsd!!! :)
anarcotux
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2013 4:24 pm
Location: Italy

Re: Problem with Wireless Connection

Postby anarcotux » Sun Sep 29, 2013 2:17 pm

adripillo12 wrote:
anarcotux wrote:Hi, i'm new in GhostBSD and I install GhostBSD 3.1 LXDE on my netbook Asus Eeepc 1015BX, I try to connect on my Wireless Network called TP-LINK_AT but I see on WiFi Network Manager that the system connects to other not protected networks...

I try to edit /etc/wpa_supplicant.conf with this information:

network={
ssid="TP-LINK_AT"
bssid=mymacaddress
key_mgmt=WPA-PSK
proto=WPA
psk="mywpapassword"
}

but the problem is same... GhostBSD connects to other not protected networks... How can i do???
Thanx a lot ^^


Did you also do this?

in /boot/loader.conf add:

Code: Select all
if_urtw_load="YES"
wlan_wep_load = “YES”
wlan_tkip_load = “YES”
wlan_ccmp_load = “YES”


Modify /etc/rc.conf to create wlan0 and connect:

Code: Select all
wlans_urtw0="wlan0" #or wlans_ath0=“wlan0"
ifconfig_wlan0="WPA SYNCDHCP" #or ifconfig_wlan0 = “DHCP WPA”



Do not forget to reboot after doing changes.
Take note that you need to choose, do not put "#or+line" on rc.conf


the file /boot/loader.conf is empty and i add the code that you say:

Code: Select all
if_urtw_load="YES"
wlan_wep_load = “YES”
wlan_tkip_load = “YES”
wlan_ccmp_load = “YES”


and this is the content of /etc/rc.conf

Code: Select all
#
# See /etc/defaults/rc.conf to add more option.
# Do not configure /etc/defaults/rc.conf.
# Configure only this file.
#


# Power saver.
powerd_enable="YES"
powerd_flags="-a adp -b adp"

# DEVFS rules
devfs_system_ruleset="system"

# All LXDE need.
cupsd_enable="YES"
gdm_enable="YES"
hald_enable="YES"
dbus_enable="YES"
linux_enable="YES"

vboxguest_enable="YES"
vboxservice_enable="YES"

#Wncc boot WiFi and netork card configuration.
wlans_ath0="wlan0"
ifconfig_wlan0="WPA DHCP"
ifconfig_alc0="DHCP"
gdm_lang="it_IT.UTF-8"
keymap="it.iso"
# Auto-Enabled NICs from pc-sysinstall
wlans_ath0="wlan0"
ifconfig_wlan0="DHCP"
ifconfig_alc0="DHCP"
hostname="ATBSD-Netbook"


just a moment, i try to reboot now... I can only answer here on the forum by the ethernet connection...

OK, after reboot I have the same problem... GhostBSD connects to another not protected network... now I'm connected by wireless connection by a not protected network... I don't understand where is the problem... :cry: :cry: :cry:
anarcotux
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2013 4:24 pm
Location: Italy

Re: Problem with Wireless Connection

Postby ericbsd » Sun Sep 29, 2013 5:22 pm

Hi anarcotux,

Past this on your /etc/rc.conf this should help you.

Code: Select all
#
# See /etc/defaults/rc.conf to add more option.
# Do not configure /etc/defaults/rc.conf.
# Configure only this file.
#


# Power saver.
powerd_enable="YES"
powerd_flags="-a adp -b adp"

# DEVFS rules
devfs_system_ruleset="system"

# All LXDE need.
cupsd_enable="YES"
gdm_enable="YES"
hald_enable="YES"
dbus_enable="YES"
linux_enable="YES"

vboxguest_enable="YES"
vboxservice_enable="YES"

#Wncc boot WiFi and netork card configuration.
wlans_ath0="wlan0"
ifconfig_wlan0="WPA DHCP"
ifconfig_alc0="DHCP"
gdm_lang="it_IT.UTF-8"
keymap="it.iso"


The last 5 line made by pc-sysinstall might cause the problem and wncc is way better then pc-sysinstall to configuring network cards.

in 3.0 and 3.1 i have forgot to remove the installer code to set network card drivers.
ericbsd
Site Admin
 
Posts: 338
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:54 pm

Re: Problem with Wireless Connection

Postby anarcotux » Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:44 pm

should i post the hostname line at the end of file in /etc/rc.conf ???
Code: Select all
hostname="ATBSD-Netbook"

now I try to modify the rc.conf file!!! thanx for the help ^^
I had to format for too many experiments...
after pasting the changes to rc.conf, there are always the same problems ... :cry: :cry: :cry:
anarcotux
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2013 4:24 pm
Location: Italy

Next

Return to General support

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest