GhostBSD is a fascinating project, thanks very much to everyone who is working on it!
I tried 4.0 ALPHA 1 on all three of my laptops, (Intel graphics and Intel or Broadcom WiFI) and amazingly it all seems to work with a bit of fiddling, including WiFI, webcams, and suspend/resume! The installer is nice and easy.
Here's what I discovered so far:
1. The "use entire disk" option of the installer doesn't work. When it gets to the next disk installation step, the "NEXT" button stops working. So as a workaround I used the custom partitions option and used the "Auto" option.
2. ZFS support in the installer would be a huge plus!
3. networkmgr is broken. It complains about missing netcardmanager.py. I pulled it out of the Git repo and put it in the correct place, so now it runs. However, it still doesn't find any WiFI networks.
4. I would like to use the new i915kms driver. But I tried adding i915kms and drm2 to my rc.conf under kld_list, but it boots into a blank screen.
5. I wish the Flash plugin was still available out of the box.
Any ideas? Thanks again!