The GhostBSD team is pleased to announce the availability of GhostBSD 3.5 Levi. This is the third release of the 3.* branch, which is an improvement of GhsotBSD 3.1 and introduces some new features.
Some of the highlights:
- OpenSSL has been updated to version 0.9.8y.
- DTrace hooks have been enabled by default in the GENERIC kernel.
- DTrace has been updated to version 1.9.0.
- Sendmail has been updated to version 8.14.7.
- OpenSSH has been updated to version 6.2p2.
- Gnome 2.32 has been replace by Mate 1.6.
- Xfce 4.10 is now part of Desktop choice.
- GhostBSD BSM theme with custom Faenza icon.
- Mate, Xfce and LXDE contain a more uniform set of software.
- Gimp is now install by default.
- Shotwell is now install by default.
- Libre Office has been change for Apache Open Office 4.
- The installer GBI as been updated to 1.3.
Why 3.5 is named Levi?
Levi is the username of the IRC user who has had most influence on the new look of GhostBSD 3.5. This is a way to say thanks.
GhostBSD 3.5 is now available for the amd64 and i386 architectures. GhostBSD 3.5 can be installed from bootable ISO images or memory stick (.img) The required files can be downloaded via SourceForge or Torrent as described in the section below.
MD5 and SHA256 hashes for the release ISOs and memory stick images are included in Download page.
- i386 http://sourceforge.net/projects/ghostbsdproject/files/release/i386/3.5/
- amd64(x86-64, x64) http://sourceforge.net/projects/ghostbsdproject/files/release/amd64/3.5/
- Torrent http://ghostbsd.org/torrent/
GhostBSD 3.5 CD-ROM, DVD or USB memory sticks will also be available for purchase from several vendors. One of the vendors that will be offering GhostBSD products is:
GhostBSD 3.5 RELEASE will be supported until 2014-09-30.
You can find help information at http://ghostbsd.org/help.
Many people donated money or time to test the release version of GhostBSD 3.5, we would like to say thanks to all of you. Also we would like to say thanks to our sponsors and partners that make it possible as well.
Help the project with a Donation.