I am happy to announce the availability of GhostBSD 20.04, but first thanks to all people that gave feedback and reported issues. We fixed a couple of problems that were found in 20.03. This release comes with kernel and OS updates and numerous software applications updates and many improvements like replacing gnome-mount and hald with FreeBSD devd and Vermaden automount which make auto mounting and unmounting of external device way more stable and supports more filesystems.
What has changed and got fixed since 20.03
- Fixed ZFS forced 4k option on ZFS full disk installation
- Added 4k to default when creating ZFS partition with the installer partition editor
- Fixed pool cleanup when deleting ZFS partition with the installer partition editor
- Replaced gnome-mount and hald with FreeBSD devd and Vermaden automount
- Fixed update manager weird loop
- Fixed duplicate software repository config
- Updated installer slide
- Improved auto-create partition
- Added boot loader option to disable syscons for AMD/Radeon GPUs
- Added boot loader option to disable boot mute
To upgrade if not done already:
uname -U should output 1201513
sudo pkg update -f
sudo pkg upgrade -f
Note: If you do your packages upgrade with pkg or Update Station, you are up to date.
Where to download:
All images checksum, hybrid ISO(DVD, USB) and torrent are available here:
For writing an iso to a USB stick:
dd if=GhostBSD-20.04.iso of=/dev/da0 bs=4m
dd if=GhostBSD-20.04.iso of=/dev/sdc bs=4M
dd if=GhostBSD-20.04.iso of=/dev/disk2 bs=10240
Is there anything you can help with or get involved in? Maybe you want to discuss your experiences or ask us some questions? If so, please contact us on Telegram https://t.me/ghostbsd and GhostBSD Forums.
Find a bug?
Please, before reporting a bug, make sure there is no related bug reported. Here is the information where to report bugs: https://www.ghostbsd.org/Support/Bugs_%26_Feature_Request. If you need help, please visit https://forums.ghostbsd.org or https://t.me/ghostbsd.