$250 gained $5000 to go! Help us achieve our goal of $5000!
GhostBSD 3.0 RC4 is now available.
A fourth development release candidate for GhostBSD 3.0 is now available for testing. The last development release was to buggy due to some last minute change. I decide to release an other testing release it might contain some bugs and other problems, which have not been discovered during beta tests so we still only encourage you to run it only on non-critical systems.
Changes since RC2.
- All /home/user file and folder have been fix(this was causing LibreOffice and other application to fail).
- We downsize i386 openbox image to fit on a CD.
- We fix the path of Bxpkg on i386.
- ZFS need more testing and will probably not work properly for 3.0.
About Openbox Version.
This version will not contain panel. We release it on a default configuration.
Gnome package list.
cups system-config-printer foomatic-db foomatic-db-engine foomatic-db-hpijs hpijs eog evince file-roller gcalctool gconf-editor gdm gedit gedit-plugins gnome-audio gnome-applets gnome-control-center gnome-keyring gnome-media gnome-power-manager gnome-screensaver gnome-session gnome-system-tools gnome-system-monitor gnome-terminal gnome-themes gnome-utils freedesktop-sound-theme gtk-murrine-engine metacity brasero rhythmbox evolution totem system-config-printer pitivi gnome-netstatus gnome-user-share alacarte libreoffice rsync sudo virtualbox-ose-additions gksu e2fsprogs florence bxpkg cursor-dmz-theme xorg-minimal xorg-drivers setxkbmap linux-f10-flashplugin nspluginwrapper gnome-audio dejavu cyberbit-ttfonts font-kochi wifimgr pidgin transmission firefox xchatbwi-firmware-kmod bwn-firmware-kmod
Lxde package list.
cursor-dmz-theme xorg-minimal xorg-drivers setxkbmap cups lxde-meta lxappearance gdm lxmusic xfburn xarchiver galculator gxneur leafpad freedesktop-sound-theme evince sylpheed parole xscreensaver gnome-utils gnome-themes lxrandr xrandr gtk-murrine-engine zenity mixmos rsync sudo virtualbox-ose-additions gksu e2fsprogs florence bxpkg abiword gnumeric gnome-audio dejavu cyberbit-ttfonts font-kochi wifimgr pidgin transmission firefox xchat bwi-firmware-kmod bwn-firmware-kmod
Openbox package list.
openbox zenity obconf obmenu nitrogen terminator lxappearance xscreensaver geany gmrun xarchiver gnome-utils gnome-themes lxtask mixmos gpicview xfburn Thunar zenity vlc e2fsprogs wifimgr pidgin transmission firefox xchat bwi-firmware-kmod bwn-firmware-kmod cursor-dmz-theme xorg-minimal xorg-drivers setxkbmap cups rsync sudo virtualbox-ose-additions gksu e2fsprogs florence bxpkg abiword gnumeric gnome-audio dejavu cyberbit-ttfonts font-kochi
Reporting bugs and issue.
Report bugs by the mailing list, the development portal or by the forum.If you get an installation error please provide us with /tmp/.pc-sysinstall/pc-sysinstall.log and the full explanation of the way you have configured it.
Follow these tips so that you can accurately describe your findings so they can be fixed as soon as possible:
- Before sending an post, search the forum list to see if anyone else has reported a similar problem.
- When reporting a new issue, use a descriptive subject in your on that includes the error and the version of GhostBSD. Ideally, the subject should be short (8 words or less), and contains key words about the error. An example would be "Bxpkg on 3.0-BETA1 Error while fetching".
- Ensure that the body of your email includes the GhostBSD version and architecture (e.g. 3.0-BETA1, Gnome 32-bit ISO version).
- Give a short (2-3 sentences) description of how to recreate the error. If there is an error message, include its text.
- Include any other info that may be useful (e.g. this seems to work on my 32 bit system or this used to work on 2.5).
- If the problem appears to be hardware related, include a copy of /var/run/dmesg.boot as this file shows the hardware that was probed the last time the GhostBSD system booted.
- If its Installer related include /tmp/.pc-sysinstall/pc-sysinstall.log